La Kompanoj - France
are a group with a varying line-up founded during the 90s within the association Espéranto-Gironde (http://esperanto-gironde.fr), which brings amateur singers and musicians together.
In 1999 it released a first compact disc of its creations in Esperanto, Survoje (On the way). But it mostly organizes musical and theatrical shows, which have included:
- La Festo de l' Piratoj (The Pirates' Celebration)
- Vizito ĉe Oĉjo Georges (Visit to Uncle GEORGES, about Georges Brassens, several of whose songs appeared on Jacques Yvart's album, Brassens plu)
- La Pariza Komuno Kantante! (The Paris Comune in Song!)
- La Sekreto de la Magia Trajneto (The Secret of the Little Magic Train, with songs by Kajto in Lokomotivo, Rulu Nun!)
- public singalongs in Esperanto: http://lakompanos.free.fr
In 2015, the organizers of the 100th World Esperanto Congress in Lille, France, accepted La Kompanoj's offer to perform a show entitled "Brel inter la Gigantoj" ("Brel among the Giants"), for the Host Country's Evening. This led to the idea of recording the first musical album of Jacques Brel songs all in Esperanto, in homage to the famous Belgian artist on the 40th anniversary of his death.
On the occasion of the release of the album Brel in Esperanto, we wish to express our heartfelt thanks to:
- The Organizing Committee of the 100th World Esperanto Congress, who allowed La Kompanoj to present the show “Brel inter la Gigantoj”, which gave us the idea for this album.
- The audience of that and other concerts, and in general everyone who prompted and encouraged us to bring this project to fruition.
- All the organizers, club members, hosts, cooks, cleaners, publicans, waiting staff, drivers, friends, loved ones…, everyone who has worked with us or helped us along the way.
- The translators, musicians, technicians, listeners, advisers, correctors, manufacturers, lenders, financiers, buyers, traders, distributors.
- Muriel, in particular, to whom both I and this album owe so much (this adventure has played a large part in our lives for more than three years).
- Double Un, Franswaz, Patrik, Espéranto-Gironde, all the Kompanoj, Marcelo, Pjer, Bernard, myself, Zamenhof, and Jacques Brel.
Click on the album to listen to it or download it.
In order to display our banner linking to this page, just copy and glue the following HTLM embed code onto your site or blog :