Rock - Pop
AMPLIFIKI - Sweden, Denmark, France
Amplifiki was an Esperanto rock band, founded by Kim J. henriksen, Bertilo Wennergren, and Micke Englund in the year 1982.
It marked the beginning of the modern youth Esperanto music culture.
The esperanto label LF-koop in Switzerland released their first cassette in 1986; other members of that band were Martin Wiese, Aline Boulet, and Isabelle Rome.
Although Amplifiki is no longer here, some members have become very famous because they founded other music groups, such as Bertilo and Martin with Persone, and Kimo with Esperanto Desperado. These bands are no longer here either, but they played very often in Esperanto meetings at the time. At the moment Kim often plays solo in Esperanto venues, Martin plays with La Talpoj, and Bertilo has set up an acoustic duo with Birke.
The name AM-PLI-FIKI is a pun on the word fiki (from German ficken, cognate to English fuck), and thus began a tradition of punning in the names of the Esperanto music community. It is worth noting that in particular the songs of the first album Tute ne gravas became very famous. Among them is IS (hymn to the Internacia Seminario) and Sola.
Recorded during the International Youth Festival in Castel’ Sarda in Italy in 2014, reminiscences about Amplifiki by Kimo, Bertilo, Isabelle, Micke, and Aline are available at Esperanto the Radio broadcasting site Varsovia Vento, in the program The Microphone meets Amplifiki.
And now after more than three years of work, in the framework of the digital re-release of old out of stock albums, Vinilkosmo has managed to remasterize Tute ne gravas in the best quality from the old master tapes.
This completely new remasterized version will astonish you because of its freshness. You should listen to it to rediscover this mythical and milestone album.
Discography of the band:
- Tute ne gravas (LF-Koop - Tape 1986)
- Esperanto ne konas landlimojn (self-production - Tape 1989)
- Vinilkosmo-kompileto (Vinilkosmo – 45t Vinyl Compilation 1990 - with La Rozmariaj Beboj on the other side)
- Festo de Kristnask' (self-production - Tape 1990)
- Ĉu ne? (Edistudio – Tape 1991)
- Vinilkosmo-kompil' Vol. 1 (1995) – Amplifiki contributes to the compilation with the song: Banala travivaĵo de juna knabo.
- Vinilkosmo-kompil' Vol.2 (1996) - Micke Englund of Amplifiki contributes to the compilation with a one song.
Click on the album to listen to it or download it.
In order to display our banner linking to this page, just copy and glue the following HTLM embed code onto your site or blog :